I have admit this is the first modern quilt I’ve ever made. I did do things a little different. I didn’t sew blocks together but instead I cut out one complete piece of fabric to the size wanted. It ended up being 64″ long and whatever the bolt width was. I drew out the squares (with a ruler of course) to the size of 7 1/2″ then I cut out the centers. I used starch and press to turn the edges under. Then I resized the center squares to 3 1/2″ and turned the edges under as well. I tried out different arrangements on the background till I liked what I had.
Here it is:
I couldn’t make up my mind what I wanted and drawing it out wasn’t working. What I did know was that I wanted linked squares. When that happens I just estimate everything. Kinda like wingn’ it. It’s what I do, lol
The squares look a little yellow but they are green shade.
I placed the 3″ squares so that they looked checkered but the black is just the background. I think I like this quilt, lol.
Thanks for stopping by!