As I sat writing this post and thinking about the year that has passed, I wonder were did the time go. I mean, for me it’s just not a new year to come but I also turn 50 in about a week. Wow, where has the time gone. There is this idea that you reach a certain age and that we just look back and think “wow, it’s been a long life”. I don’t feel any different than I did in my twenties or thirties. It doesn’t feel like I should be here already. Time flies and because it does, it’s like age just snuck up on me.
This year has been a hard one for sure. Didn’t get much accomplished by way of sewing. Health issues have slowed me down. I look forward to 2019 and put my hope Christ. I’m believing in a better year.
Romans 15:13: – “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.”
Goal Planning Link Party at her blog Quilting JetGirl , I decided to write a post and link up.
- Spend more quiet time with God studying his word.
- I’d like to start an exercise routine. Nothing too straineous. Just something like walking.
- Learn to sew clothes. This is a past goal that I haven’t given up on. You know, try and try again.
- Expand my gardening knowledge and skills. Another past goal that is good for a continual.
- Set some time aside for reading a good book. This sounds more simple than it really is for me.
- To do more cooking. I would like to focus on healthy eating along with that getting everybody to eat at the table.
- Work on my photography skills. My son gifted me this Christmas with my first DSL camera and I’m excited to take get started.
- Learn watercolor. I have bought some basic supplies over this past year. Now it is time to look for some quite time to start this.
- I really want to spend some time working on some home sewing projects. I want to beautify my home.
- Do more embroidery projects. More calm time.
This year’s theme and word is quite. After this past year, I have come to the place that I need to slow down and spend more quite time. In order to get projects done without stress, I need to pick projects that require me to move slow. My choices need to reflect beauty and quietness. I need to take more care of myself emotionally and physically. Thus, I need more quite moments.
I hope as you look back on last year, reflect on what it is you can do to better you life. Don’t just make list of projects. Somewhere, make some time for yourself and for personal growth. Make time each day to spend Christ.